Thursday 13 September 2012

Starlings of Spring

I know re-development is a complex & controversial topic - I live in Heidelberg Heights where it seems an old house falls to be replaced by three cheap and poorly designed townhouses on a weekly basis. Montmorency is another nearby community that is struggling with developers. I certainly don't have an issue with tearing down poor quality older homes, or with increasing the density of living in our suburbs, but I do take issue with the quality of housing that is really being 'thrown up' in its place. I mean it's 2012 - surely by now we should be building houses to the solar orientation of each block and able to build homes with almost zero building waste??
Development currently for sale in Heidelberg Heights

Anyway, this post wasn't meant to turn into a rant, I was simply going to mention that the rendering for the new homes at 39 Starling Street Montmorency looks interesting. Nice to see a contemporary development with a little design integrity and quality materials - at least externally.
Image courtesy Enrichment Property Group Eltham

No comments:

Post a Comment