Tuesday 8 March 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to the Banyule Modern BLOG celebrating building design from the 50's, 60's & 70's (in particular)! My name is Renae and I have lived in the Banyule area for the past 8 years. I am a designer and, as well as being passionate about living in this neck of the woods, I'm also passionate about mid-century modern design. This Blog is an attempt to bring my two great loves together. 

People around Melbourne and around the world are starting to recognize the 'Modern' principles that were being explored in post war design - passive solar design, larger windows, flexible living spaces and energy efficient materials. These homes and public buildings are warm, energizing and humble and can teach us so much about the way we could be designing for the 2011 and beyond. By raising the profile of the significant mid-century buildings within the Banyule area hopefully we can protect and preserve them for future generations!

No comments:

Post a Comment