Thursday 24 March 2011

That 70's House...

 I am also hoping to check out this super 70's house - no wait, I think we have to call it a 'pad' - at 31 Stanton Crescent, Rosanna (Jellis Craig). It looks pretty solid (understatement - much?) with a LOT of exposed brick and timber but there is something very cool about it I think. Perhaps it takes me back to the days when my parents would take my sister and I to visit their friends in Melbourne. Us country girls had never seen houses like these with their brick walls on the inside, the fernery courtyards and split level floor plans. Perhaps I just associate the 70's style house with being carried sleeping from the car! 
 
They do have a real warmth and handcrafted feel about them yet the spaces are large and lofty and light..... On the other hand, there is an awful lot of brown to eradicate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment