Tuesday 12 April 2011

Before & After... Armchairs

Thought I would share with you a little before and after project that I completed recently for my own home.  
M and I picked up these unusual wing-back armchairs at a second hand shop a little while back. They were quite comfortable but the royal blue vinyl had seen better days - I was also keen to see them reupholstered in a fabric that would bring out the true character of the chairs which I felt was a rustic Australian style. 
Before - Got the Blues

Before - What a Stud!
After agonizing over a fabric decision for a few months, I eventually went back to my original selection! The striped fabric is called 'Boardwalk' and is a hand screen-print design on raw hemp by an Australian company called Cloth Fabric. The rear of the chairs are upholstered in a Warwick fabric called 'Licorice'. I just loved the studs and buttons on the originals so I had them re-instated on the newly restored and re-upholstered chairs. The timber arms were sanded back and oiled and the seats also needed re-springing.
Voila! - AFTER - A welcome addition to our happy home!
Now they look as good as new - thanks to Peter for doing such a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment